From the research conducted, we have created some worksheets in the teachers pack below.
Activities in the teachers pack:
- Photograph Activity to help student ask questions about World War One
- Match the Quotes to the correct motive. This exercise looks at the common mindset of many colonisers during the British Empire.
- Cotton Colonialsm Cartoons is an exercise about India's Cotton Revolution
- Letters from Blighty and the Western Front exercise is about the life of soliders
- Women at War, an exercise in understanding women's roles in WW1
- A Knowledge Grid to ensure that students have an understanding about WW1 and the many different people involved.
- Mind The Map activity starts a discussion around the British Empire
- Empire Maps is an activity to show how the Empire changed geography
- War Poetry is a creative exercise introducing students to the creative outputs of the war and what we can learn from them
- A review of learning for the students to self-reflect on the learning they have done.